Recommended French Roulette Casinos
1Casino DaysAccepts IN playersup to ₹100000 Welcome bonus T&C Apply
18+;must be wagered 35 times;ecoPayz, Neteller and Skrill are excluded from this deposit offerGames 40+payout 96.97%
2Pure WinAccepts IN players100% up to ₹15000 Weekend Reload Bonus T&C Apply
18+;maximum winnings from the live casino free bet is ₹8500;the minimum deposit amount to take part is ₹1000Games 40+payout 97.3%
3National CasinoAccepts IN players100% up to 9 000₹ First Deposit Bonus T&C Apply
18+;players must claim the bonus and meet the wagering requirements within 7 days;deposit & wager 35xGames 60+payout 96.97%
4BetWinnerAccepts IN players100% up to €300 On first deposit T&C Apply
18+;all types of bonus are disabled for customers with cryptocurrency accounts;the minimum required deposit to activate the bonus is $1Games 100+payout 97.8%
5Grand MondialAccepts IN players100% up to $250 Welcome Bonus T&C Apply
18+;the minimum deposit $10;must be wagering x30Games 10+payout 98%
622BetAccepts IN players100% up to ₹25000 First deposit bonus T&C Apply
the wagering requirement is 50x the bonus amount;the maximum casino bonus is ₹25000Games 100+payout 98.5%
Table of contents
If you want to get the highest possible earning potential while playing roulette online, the French variant would be the best option. This game has an extremely low house edge due to its special rules, but the same rules can make it a bit complicated for beginners. By taking a look at the information below, you can get a solid start in playing French roulette.
What does the French roulette wheel look like?
The French variant is indistinguishable from European roulette in terms of wheel and table design. There are 37 numbers (single zero) on the wheel and the basic betting options are the same. However, French roulette differs from the European variant by the following features:
- Special bets can be placed on multiple numbers from a section called “racetrack”. These bets have names like Orphelins, Voisins Du Zero, and Tiers Du Cylindre.
- This variant has additional rules called “La Partage” or “En Prison”. In the La Partage version, if the player loses on 1:1 bets, they get half their wager back.
- In the “En Prison” version, however, no wager will be refunded in the same situation, but the same wager will be used in the next spin.
These special rules allow French roulette online to have a much lower house edge (1.35%) compared to other variants.
Start with playing French roulette free online
- Start by determining your stake and place your chips on your chosen outcome.
- Spin the French roulette wheel by pressing the “spin” button. (Or wait for the dealer to do so.)
- The result of the spin will determine whether you win or not. If you win, you will receive a payout that varies depending on the type of bet.
- If you lose, you can try your luck again. Do not forget to practice with French roulette free online on our site.
Payouts and odds of French roulette online
Except for racetrack bets, French roulette's bet types, payouts, and winning chances are exactly the same as European roulette. As we mentioned above, the only difference is that thanks to a special rule system, the player gains an advantage for losing 1:1 bets.
RTP & house edge
The real money and French roulette free online versions have the same house edge: 1.35%. This means the RTP rate is 98.65%. This is the variant of roulette with the highest RTP and lowest house edge. For the same reason, it offers the highest earning potential.
Check these tips before spinning the French roulette wheel
- It is possible to say that the La Partage version is slightly better because the player gets his wager back. (There is no refund in the En Prison version, the player wager remains on the table and is used in the next spin.) So, if you can't decide between the two, go for the La Partage version of French roulette.
- Racetrack bets are interesting, and we recommend giving them a try, but keep in mind that bets with 1:1 payouts are still the best in terms of winning chances. The reason French roulette online has a lower house edge is that the game returns some of the wagers, not because it has special bet types. In other words, bets that pay 1:1 are still the best choice for most players.
- You will need to update your progressive roulette strategies taking into account that some of your wagers will be refunded or not be required in the next spin. Also, consider the special rules of this variant when calculating how to increase or decrease your bet.
A popular variant among live casino games too
For a more immersive and realistic experience, you can play this game against a real dealer in real time. This is called "live casino technology" and all the casino sites we recommend here have a live dealer section, where you can find dozens of gaming tables dedicated to the French version of roulette. However, be aware that due to the nature of this technology, the French roulette free online option is not available: live dealer games can only be played for real money.
Play for money (INR) in best casinos 2023!
Fast payoutsBonus ₹100000
100+ Roulette GamesBonus ₹25000
Live chat 24/7up to ₹10000
Instant payouts100% up to ₹40 000
Best payout rate, but a little complex
French roulette online can be a bit complicated for beginners or even experienced players due to the additional bet types. But these bets are what make this game the highest payout roulette variant. Professional gamblers, therefore, prefer the French version of roulette. While it takes a little getting used to, we suggest you do the same: the additional racetrack bets make this game one of the highest RTP casino games, and that alone is reason enough to spin the French roulette wheel.
Judging only in terms of maximum earning potential, you should choose the French variant as it has a lower house edge. However, for a casual experience, European roulette is more suitable.
Just because French roulette has a higher RTP does not mean that your chances of winning will be higher. However, a high RTP indicates that you will lose less and win more often in the long run.
No strategy gives 100% results for any type of roulette. These strategies are designed to lower the house edge a little bit more or manage your budget efficiently, they do not guarantee a win.
American roulette has two 0 pockets and has a unique bet called the “basket”. French roulette, on the other hand, is a variant with single zero and has multiple unique bet types called “racetrack”.
Basically, yes: we can say that French roulette has a certain popularity, although not as much as the European version. In any case, it is one of the three most popular main variants of the game.